Join us at the Wallace Center on Friday, December 7 as we celebrate the 70th anniversary of the adoption of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR).
This free, day-long program, based around “FDR’s Four Freedoms Today,” will feature talks, dialogue, and workshops focused on connecting the UDHR to Hudson Valley issues and solutions.
Presenters and faculty will include:
- Dr. Rebecca Adami, Research Associate at the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy, SOAS (School of Oriental and African Studies), University of London
- Dr. Mona Ali, Associate Professor of Economics, SUNY New Paltz
- Dr. Ellen Chesler, Senior Fellow, Roosevelt Institute
- Helen Diane Foster, Commissioner, New York State Division of Human Rights
- Dr. Maria Hoehn, Professor of History, Vassar College / Mid-Hudson Refugee Solidarity Project
- Rev. Walter LeFlore, Board President, Interfaith Council
- Ben Majekodunmi, UN Senior Human Rights and Political Affairs Officer
- Marc Molinaro, County Executive
- John Penney, Poughkeepsie Journal
- Manuela Roosevelt, Editorial Director, Callaway Arts & Entertainment; Board Chair, the Eleanor Roosevelt Val-Kill Partnership
BREAKFAST AND LUNCH ARE INCLUDED.
ADVANCE REGISTRATION REQUIRED, AS SPACE IS LIMITED.